The individual in this position designs and executes research studies to provide useful information to the members, and seeks to monetize these efforts among non-members. In addition, (s)he provides research services as needed for other association purposes
Duties and responsibilities
1. Manages all survey and other research efforts on behalf of the association
2. Works with dedicated volunteer members to develop survey content
3. Uses online survey platform to program and test all association research
4. Coordinates with the marketing team to send invitations to respondents
5. Using only the in-house capabilities available, tabulates all data
6. Prepares written analytical reports for distribution to participants and sale to all other interested parties
7. Partners with the marketing team to promote research products
8. Presents findings whenever possible at meetings and events
9. Generally advocates the importance and usefulness of research to the association and to members
10. Works with volunteer members of councils and committees to help them further and better advance their agendas and goals
11. Assists the Membership Director with conducting an annual Member Satisfaction Survey, and provides interpretation of the results
12. Assists all staff on an as-needed basis to help answer research questions or provide research services or advice
13. Cross-trains in a variety of office support function
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills to handle multiple overlapping activities
• Attention to detail and the ability to establish and meet schedules and deadlines
• Experience in all major aspects of research including survey and questionnaire design, online programming, verbal and written presentation of data and the acquired experience to perform independently without outside assistance
• Be able to professionally represent the association
At least two years at a research firm or in some other research capacity that included responsibility for questionnaire design, tabulation of results and analysis. Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint and Word is absolutely critical.
Additional Salary Information: Please provide salary history and requirements to be considered for this position.
The International Association of Venue Managers is the world's largest professional association dedicated to issues relevant to the management of public assembly venues. Members of the association manage public assembly venues such as amphitheaters, arenas, auditoriums, convention centers/exhibit halls, performing arts venues, stadiums and university complexes; or provide products, services or att...ractions to support the industry. IAVM has more than 3,800 members worldwide. More information is available at www.IAVM.org.