Director of Digital Marketing and Creative Services
University of Southern Mississippi
January 24, 2018
Full-time - Experienced
Operations, Operations - Marketing/Promotions
Develops strategy and oversees all digital marketing, digital media, and social media efforts for Southern Miss Athletics. Manages the graphic design efforts for the department, assists with fostering and managing the athletics brand, oversees the athletic department's website, southernmiss.com, and manages photographic services for the athletic department.
Duties include the following:
1. Adheres to University and department policies, procedures, and regulations. Adheres to laws, bylaws, rules, policies, regulations, and constitutional provisions of the federal government, state of Mississippi, IHL Board, The University of Southern Mississippi, NCAA, Conference USA, or any other governing authority.
2. Develops strategy and plan for social media efforts for the department to drive revenue and grow engagement. Sets guidelines and best practices for staff and manages social media efforts of communication and marketing. Utilizes analytics and data to improve efficiency and explores new technology for department.
3. Manages graphic design efforts for marketing and communication departments. Oversees creation of all schedule cards, schedule posters, ticket order forms, fan guides, flyers, social media graphics, infographics, advertising graphics, sales pieces, website design/ layout, etc.
4. Manages digital marketing efforts for the department including the creation and placement of advertising with a focus on revenue generation and ticket sales.
5. Oversees the athletics department website, southernmiss.com, including managing the overall look, layout, feel, and navigation.
6. Manages the photographic services for the department in regards to team photo shoots, graphic design and collateral development, and social media and fan engagement. Manages video efforts in developing content for social media and increasing fan engagement.
7. Manages the production for all emails and coordinates with the staff for the scheduling and content.
Internal Number: 0004792
About University of Southern Mississippi
Founded in 1910, The University of Southern Mississippi is a comprehensive doctoral and research-driven university with a proud history and an eye on the future. A dual-campus university, Southern Miss serves students on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, in addition to five teaching and research sites in Mississippi and through Online at Southern Miss. Since 2006, Southern Miss students have collected seven Goldwater Scholarships, three Truman Scholarships and 16 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships. Our Drapeau Center for Undergraduate Research affords our students meaningful research opportunities, and as a proven leader in innovation, we conduct transformative research that translates into real-world solutions. As one of only 36 institutions in the nation accredited in art, dance, music and theatre, we are a haven for creativity and artistic expression. In the classroom or lab, on the playing field, or in the performance hall, we strive to have a positive impact not only on our students, but also the world around us. Further information is found at www.usm.edu.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabiliti...es Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.