Examples of work performed in this classification include, but are not limited to, the following tasks. These tasks may be amended, or other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
• Maintain the highest level of guest service, managing and resolving in person and phone customer service issues, in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensure that all associates are providing superior customer service to the consumer.
• Interact positively and communicate effectively internally with ticketing staff, GM, talent bookers, marketing,promotion managers, and corporate office.
• Interact positively and communicate effectively externally with venue guests, ticketing providers, artist, record labels, fan clubs, and tour managers as needed.
• Create a positive goal focused team environment within the department.
• Manage and delegate duties as needed to supervisors and staff, assisting and supporting any job function as needed.
• Administer ticketing initiatives including, but not limited to, auctions, fan club sales, presales, sponsorship programs, promotional offers, and VIP packages.
• Personnel hiring, evaluation, training coordination, discipline, scheduling, payroll, and supervision.
• Create, complete, and manage accurate and timely reports, including daily ticket counts as needed.
• Effectively manage day-to-day operations of the Box Office.
• Create, maintain, modify, and manage all ticketed events in a computerized environment utilizing multiple ticketing systems.
• Manage and monitor communication between all critical parties to ensure accurate completion of ticket counts, event builds, inventory management, will call, guest list, and all other Box Office processes leading up to the actual event.
• Reconciliation and accounting of all ticket sales for each event.
• Responsible for daily balancing and reconciliation of all revenues collected from ticket sales and ancillary income.
• Manage the process of filling internal order requests timely and accurately.
• Manage the process of filling all box holder, preferred seat and sponsor ticket and parking packages
• Inventory, maintain, and order all Box Office supplies and equipment as needed.
• Organize department and financial information for internal and external meetings as required.
• Adhere to all City of Brandon policies, procedures, and standards.
• Perform additional duties as directed by General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Minimum three years Box Office / Ticketing supervisory or management experience required.
• Knowledge of the TICKETMASTER host system.
• High School Diploma required. College Degree preferred.
• Proficient typing skills required.
• Ability to provide leadership, engage in positive interaction with staff and guests, prioritize, organize, motivate staff, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, communicate and diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact.
• Skill and working knowledge of computerized ticketing operations and software (Ticketmaster Host system, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), guest relations & phone etiquette, long term and immediate decision making, verbal / written communication, accounting / cash management procedures.
• Ability to multi-task daily, be organized, detail oriented, self-driven, forecast issues and handle last minute projects to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
About The City of Brandon, MS
The City of Brandon, MS is opening a brand new outdoor amphitheater in Spring 2018.