The Director Event Operations will assist in the design and lead the implementation of event operations and hospitality strategies. The position will manage the day to day activities of parking, food and beverage, and event services functions while executing day-to-day operations collaboratively and inclusively.
1. Accountable to site planning, vendor management, logistics, and overall event coordination for Chiefs Football Events.
2. Lead the development and accountable to the budgeting, staffing levels, and labor utilization for Chiefs Football Events.
3. Collaborate with sponsorship, sales, marketing and other departments to ensure partner event needs are satisfied.
4. Ensure supervision and execution of event operations for all events including event oversight and resource coordination.
5. Develop Standard Operating Procedures, Checklists, and training manuals for areas of oversight and institute culture of process and accountability.
6. Manage the Event Services Manager while leading the Event Services and Fan First teams (approximately 500 seasonal personnel) to ensure alignment to Championship Service Framework– including operating within policy and adhering to procedure providing feedback to advance and augment Chiefs approach to service delivery.
7. Direct the utilization of the ABI scheduling tool including scheduling process for relevant personnel for events and evaluate current policies and practices and recommend advancements.
8. With the support of human resources, lead the selection, training, rewards and recognition, and performance management of personnel.
9. Review and investigate incident reports and support follow-up of event issues.
10. Support oversight of event command post and event incident tracking systems conducting regular analysis of operational data. Identify trends and opportunities to streamline operations and enhance the guest experience.
1. Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
2. Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
3. Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
4. Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
5. Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.
6. Change Management-Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change and monitors transition.
7. Leadership-Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well. Readily accepts feedback from others and provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Displays enthusiasm, passion and optimism.
8. Diversity-Demonstrates knowledge of the EEO policy and shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Trains and educates others on the value of diversity and promotes a harassment free environment.
9. Innovation-Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
10. Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
11. Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Light office duties and activities.
1. 4-year undergraduate degree at an accredited university or college in the field of Business, Engineering, Social Sciences, or Communications.
2. Minimum 7 years’ experience in large venue event management, including direct supervision of personnel and 3rd party vendors, conflict management, event operations best practices, and performance management.
3. Demonstrated leadership and personnel management experience with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a diverse workforce.
4. Demonstrated ability to be creative and seek proactive solutions to problems and situations before and/or after they arise with little or no supervision.
5. Demonstrated experience with budget oversight and general accounting/finance.
6. Demonstrated experience with Federal and State OSHA regulations compliance, including fire and safety.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About Kansas City Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs are a professional American football team based in Kansas City, Missouri. The Chiefs compete in the National Football League as a member club of the league's American Football Conference West division. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.