Coordinates and supervises all aspects of the Athletic Department Ticket Office.
Examples of work performed: 1. Establishes and implements procedures for sale and distribution of athletic event tickets in accordance with established rules and regulations of Lamar University, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and the NCAA.
2. Supervises the daily operation of the Ticket Office, which includes one full-time Ticket Sales coordinator and student assistants. Additionally, hire and train part-time game day ticket sellers and scanners.
3. Maintains accurate ticket operation records, which are subject to audit at any time. Regularly reviews the records to ensure their accuracy and compliance with established recording procedures.
4. Responsible for telephone inquiries and sales of tickets handled by the Ticket Office.
5. Maintains accurate Ticket Office records, which are subject to internal and external audits at any time.
6. Controls and monitors, as directed by the Director of Athletics, the distribution of complimentary tickets in accordance with established policies of the Athletics Department, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and the NCAA.
7. Responsible for preparation of ticket sales reports to be used in individual game settlement reports.
8. Responsible for recording and depositing funds in a timely manner.
Reports directly to: Associate AD/CFO
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
TO APPLY: https://jobs.lamar.edu/postings/6518
Qualifications: -Bachelor’s degree required
-1-2 years’ experience with computer ticketing and money management required
-Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required.
-Ability to maintain accurate records concerning overall fiscal operations required.
-Knowledge of NCAA rules preferred.
-Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.
-Come to work in a timely and predictable manner. -Able to tolerate constructive criticism. -Able to tolerate stressful situations. -Able to tolerate flexible work hours – weekends and nights.
Located in Beaumont, Texas, Lamar University is 80 miles from Houston, 40 miles from the Gulf Coast beaches, 30 miles from Louisiana, and 70 miles from the Texas lakes region. The area's subtropical climate produces mild winters that allow for year-round outdoor activity. Lamar University is unique in that it enjoys close ties with the greater community. Students experience direct involvement in the city's civic, business and cultural opportunities.