The Security and Parking Manager will oversee, evaluate and provide supervisory direction for the safety and security of the associates, tenants and guests of Raymond James Stadium.
This position will be responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Security, Ushers, and Parking operations ensuring that the services are provided in an efficient, effective, and timely manner.
In addition, the Security and Parking Manager shall assist in the development and implementation of the Emergency Response Plan, departmental financial reports, and operation policies and procedures.
1.Knowledgeable in all administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the City of Tampa Police, City of Tampa Fire, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, Hillsborough County Fire Department, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Florida State Highway Patrol, Federal Bureau of Investigations, Department of Homeland Security and Raymond James Stadium Parking and Security Departments.
2. Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assisgnments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
3. Ability to develop and maintain accurate records, logs and reports for the department.
4. Position requires ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the general publc and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
5. Must maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for tenants and the general public in and around the facilities.
6. Must have knowledge of safety requirements (OSHA, NFPA, ADA) for events or functions.
7. Demonstrated ability to coordinate diverse support services for events or functions.
8. Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate others.
9. Abiltiy to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
10. Abiltiy to walk or stand for long periods of time, ability to lift over 50 pounds and work in non-conditioned environments.
11. Valid driver's license.
12.Bachelor's Degree in criminal justice, sports management, business administration or a related field and at least 5 years of security and parking experience in a stadium or public assembly venue or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Tampa Sports Authority
Tampa Sports Authority is the manager of Raymond James Stadium and three City of Tampa golf courses. It was created in 1964 by an enabling act of the Florida Legislature for the purpose of:
- Planning, developing and operating a comprehensive complex of sports and recreational facilities
- Providing for the issuance of revenue bonds and refunding bonds to carry out the purpose of this act and for the rights and remedies of bondholders
- Providing for sources of revenues including appropriations from the City of Tampa and the Board of County commissioners of Hillsborough County to the Authority
- Providing for competitive bidding of certain contracts
TSA was originally created as a public agency by Chapter 65-2307, Laws of Florida, on May 28, 1965, and as such is an Independent Special District. TSA is exempt from Federal and State Income Taxes under provisions of the Internal Revenue Code and Florida Income Tax Code, respectively. Capital Grants are received annually by TSA pursuant to Cooperative Agreements with Hillsborough County and the City of Tampa. In accordance with the Cooperative Agreements, unexpended appropriations are refunded to the county and city at the end of the year.