The Denver Performing Arts Complex (DPAC) Is seeking a highly motivated and creative Patron Service Manager to coordinate all operational, administrative, and liaison activities associated with the servicing of patrons for events held at The Denver Performing Arts Complex. The Patron Service Manager will manage and coordinate the work flow and operating efficiency for front-of-house including in house and contract ushers. This position performs professional level work, organizing and coordinating the day-to-day activities for all patron support services across multiple stakeholders across all Denver Performing Arts Complex venues. Stakeholders include the City and County of Denver, resident companies, professional partners, contracted catering, custodial, and security services, Denver Police and Fire Departments and multiple other clients and vendors who utilize our venues. Individual reports to the Assistant Venue Director.
DPAC is the largest performing arts complex under one roof, and the second-largest center of its kind in terms of number of venues and seating capacity. Connected by an glass roof 80 feet above ground level, DPAC houses ten performance spaces on its four-block, 12-acre site. The Denver Performing Arts Complex is home to a Tony Award-winning repertory theatre company, Broadway touring productions, contemporary dance and ballet, magnificent chorales, a major symphony orchestra, internationally-acclaimed opera and more.
About Our Job
- This position takes on the role of Manager on Duty, most nights and weekends.
- Responsible for creating and managing the monthly Manager on Duty schedule for all theaters spaces at DPAC.
- Oversees audience support operations including house management, usher programs, audience safety and lobby management.
- Oversees the supervision of city on-call usher program, which includes work allocation, training, promotion and enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of a large team of on-call city and contract ushers to include recruitment and selection, orientation and training, scheduling and work allocation, and problem resolution; motivates staff to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Manages and coordinates lobby signage, lobby displays, supportive services for disabled patrons and lobby management.
- Serves as primary point of internal and external liaison and problem resolution for all patron services issues associated with events at Denver Performing Arts Complex.
- Analyzes and interprets patron needs, and develops and coordinates implementation of new or modified front-of-house programs and services.
- Ensures the proper usage and maintenance of materials and equipment relevant to unit activities.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operating unit.
- Develops and prepares brochures, training and procedural manuals, as appropriate; may participate in marketing and/or educational outreach programs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.