The Admissions Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the admissions department at the NASCAR Hall of Fame and Charlotte Convention Center.
Essential Job Duties
• Designs, writes, and administers reports for the NHOF which include financial, sales, attendance, group, and promotional reports. • Maintains annual operating budget for all Admissions at NHOF. Reviews and audits revenue reports on a daily and monthly basis. • Manages ticketing system and works with ticketing software contacts to maintain and improve all operations of the NHOF box office, as well as ticketing for the Charlotte Convention Center. • Ensures that admissions staff meet or exceed our customer experience benchmarks. • Directs ticketing management for various events such as the NHOF Induction Ceremony and Charlotte Convention Center. • Monitors for group payment. • Enters ticket requests into ticketing system including group, consignment, and daily tickets. • Enters all necessary ticket requests into ticketing system including group, consignment, comp, and daily tickets. • Maintains inventory of hard cards, ticket stock, lanyards, and other cost of goods product for the NHOF. • Oversees cash operations on a daily basis and ensures all organizational policies and procedures are being followed for NHOF and the Charlotte Convention Center. • Develops and maintains relationships with outside vendors and contractors to maximize the facilities exposure to the business community. • Serves as the Manager on Duty to oversee the museum floor and admissions to ensure operational flow and the customer needs are being met. • Develops the labor schedule for all part-time staff of the NHOF admissions. • May perform other duties as required. • Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may consist of nights and /or weekends and holidays.
Scope of Responsibility
• This job is responsible for budgetary analysis, preparation, and review. • This job will have periodic access to confidential data including wages and salaries, company records and/or minutes, customer quotes, product costs, and company plans, designs, and/or programs.
• Manages one full-time subordinate supervisor who supervises a total of up to thirty employees at the NASCAR Hall of Fame, as well as ticketing services at the Charlotte Convention Center. The admissions manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises seventy non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. • Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. • Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. • Customer Service Ability: Ability to anticipate customer needs, builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs, treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy, delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school preferred; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; spreadsheet software; ticketing software.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. • While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This job has no travel requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Charlotte Regional Visitor Authority--NASCAR Hall of Fame
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA) is a division of the City of Charlotte that leads in destination development, marketing and venue management expertise. Brands supported by the CRVA include the Charlotte Convention Center, Time Warner Cable Arena, Bojangles’ Coliseum, Ovens Auditorium, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Regional Film Commission and Visit Charlotte in conjunction with the region’s destination marketing brand, ‘Charlotte’s got a lot.’