· Build ticket manifests for assigned championships and provide tickets sales reports.
· Prepare, build and proof ticket offers and oversee ticket sales process and strategy for NCAA constituents, NCAA staff and general public using relevant databases for assigned championships, and ensure ticket timelines are met for assigned championships
· Coordinate the design, printing, inventory and distribution of tickets for assigned championships.
· Manage seat assignments and team blocks during each round of assigned championships; send manifests, prepare ticket links and ship tickets to team ticket managers.
· Attend site visits and championships as necessary for assigned championships.
· 1-3 years of relevant work experience in ticket operations.
· Advanced knowledge of ticketing systems (AXS, Archtics, Ticketmaster Host) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred.
· Flexibility to travel and work overtime.
· Ability to balance multiple responsibilities, including independent ownership of projects required.
· Ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette required.
· Working knowledge of NCAA structure and programs preferred.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
The NCAA national office is the staff and the bricks-and-mortar office building in Indianapolis. The 500-plus employees at the national office provide advice and counsel to the governance and playing rules committees, interpret legislation, enforce NCAA bylaws, provide legal advice, run championships, administer education and youth programs and communicate with the NCAA membership and the public.