Report to the Sports Information Director and be a department liaison for athletic media and communications. This position will also be responsible for the maintenance and updating of team and individual statistics for Keiser University’s inter-collegiate athletic programs and will assist in game day oversight of statistics, streaming broadcast, and/or game day staff. This includes creating weekly/bi-weekly updates for Keiser University athletic program newsletter, handle primary graphic design for Keiser Athletic Department, and assist in managing social media and department website. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission and vision.
Responsibilities: Sports Information Coordinator will:
• Assist in maintaining and updating the conference and NAIA on individual statistics for all intercollegiate athletic programs.
• Maintain information on Athletics webpage to include:
o Updating scores, providing game recaps, coach/player interviews and live broadcasts.
o Archives of player and game statistics.
o History and record books of all athletic teams.
• Work closely with all members of the Keiser coaching staff to ensure all statistics are accurate.
• Communicate with and submit scores and information as needed to The Sun Conference and any other athletic conference Keiser University is associated with (NAIA).
• Input of rosters and schedules
• Synch all stat programs together between NAIA-Sun Conference-Keiser
• Assist and/or oversee the press box and/or scoring tables for athletic contests
• Develop all collateral, including posters, schedule cards, game day guides, and ticket sales and promotional flyers in an effort to raise brand awareness, increase attendance, generate revenue and maximize fan engagement
• Responsible for the development of weekly and game-day email graphics, social media templates, and general use graphics for social media and video boards
• Responsible for developing a themed and consistent look and messaging in the promotion of the Keiser Athletics brand
• Assist with all other duties as assigned.
Expectations: Sports Information Coordinator is expected to:
• Submit all required assignments on or before designated due dates.
• Report any known violations or concerns to administration
• Conform to all Athletic Department policies and procedures as required.
• Represent Keiser University and the Athletic Department as a team player, as a professional, and as a role model for all student-athletes.
• Attend regularly scheduled Athletic Department Staff meetings.
• Possess a valid CPR Certification
• Work cooperatively and in coordination with the Director of Special Events and Public Relations
Qualifications: Sports Information Coordinator should possess:
•Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
•Have 3 years of collegiate sports information/design experience.
•Have strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
•Have strong communication and organizational skills and can demonstrate ability to work independently.
•Ability to create, compose and edit written materials and images
•Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
•Skill in the use of all computers and related software applications
•Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
•Willingness to learn Microsoft Office Suite Programs, Adobe Photoshop, and Dak Stats.
Internal Number: 1197937
About Keiser University
Keiser University, is the Flagship/Residential Campus of the 17 Florida locations. KU is a Level VI, regionally accredited university by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Students are pursuing degrees in over 100 doctoral, specialist, master’s, bachelor’s, and associate fields. KU Athletics are a member of the NAIA and Sun Conference.