It is the primary responsibility of the Ticket Office Supervisor to successfully oversee, maintain and supervise the daily operations of the Ticket Office. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Ensures employees provide professional, polished and anticipatory service for internal and external guests.
• Deals directly with guests to settle disputes or inconvenience issues they may have encountered.
• Facilitates employee compliance, safety and required training within scope of authority.
• Supports the Manager in maintaining all shows (i.e., building, blocking, flexing) shows or events inventory.
• Provides knowledgeable answers to guest questions; furnishes detailed information regarding the property amenities and local area.
• Provides and ensures a safe working environment for employees and guests.
• Maintains internal and external show information and outside property sales in the ticketing system; updates information on all tours, shows and other event sales.
• Develops new and analyzes existing procedures and special promotions that will improve guest patronage.
• Generates daily reports on all events for senior leadership, management and promoters.
• Effectively manages the guest queue system assembling or disassembling queues and stanchions as needed.
• Assists guests at the counter to help control traffic flow as needed.
• Supervises assigned operational functions while being consistent with the Property’s Strategic Plan and Vision.
• Answers multi-line phone and makes reservations as needed.
• Assists in responding and/or replying to guest correspondence via e-mail and/or telephone.
• Effectively develops and mentors hourly employees to ensure departmental standards and goals are understood and met.
• Assists Accounts Receivables with disputes, including researching all avenues possible to prevent revenue loss.
• Assists with the highest level of customer service to both VIP and Executive guests.
• Contributes to staff meetings as directed by Ticket Manager.
• Participates in the ongoing training of all employees.
• Supervises Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
• Monitors and minimizes overtime according to labor and departmental standards.
• Ensures staff motivation through recognition and engagement.
• Schedules and staffs for appropriate business levels.
• Monitors training of new employees to help them achieve higher goals.
• Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
• Presentation: The ability and willingness to present oneself with proper grooming, hygiene, and dress. This includes wearing appropriate and clean clothing/uniform and shoes, wearing hair in a neat and clean condition, maintaining personal cleanliness, ensuring neat and clean appearance of own work area, and ensuring property facilities are litter free.
• Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking, writing, and reading English. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
• Listening: The ability to understand key pieces of spoken information, separating relevant from irrelevant information, and following verbal instructions and explanations. This includes listening attentively to spoken information to ensure that the intended message has been accurately received, holding responses until the person has finished making his/her point, and repeating information to ensure accuracy.
• Planning and Organizing: The ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities, and obtain and manage resources so that work objectives are accomplished efficiently.
• Coaching/Mentoring: The ability to train, coach, and develop employees. This includes recognizing and fostering talent, enhancing employees’ job skills and performance through instruction, training, personal guidance and example; providing appropriate developmental experiences for skill and job growth; and helping employees learn from their mistakes through positive reinforcement.
• Performance management: The ability to manage employees’ job performance and ensure job success. This includes setting and communicating predetermined performance expectations and goals to employees, motivating employees, monitoring performance against expectations and timelines to ensure quality and timely completion of tasks, and providing specific and timely feedback on performance which is both positive and constructive.
• Problem Solving: The ability to define, diagnose, and resolve problems. This includes seeking, logically examining, and interpreting information from different sources to determine a problem’s cause and developing a course of action to resolve the problem and to prevent its reoccurrence.
• Detail Orientation: The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities and taking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work are correct and of high quality.
• Multi-Tasking: The ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Initiative: The ability and willingness to take independent action and complete job tasks without being instructed to complete them. This includes the ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed, to seek out additional assignments or tasks, and to help others.
• Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen to and address others’ questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
• Cash Handling: Knowledge of policies and procedures related to handling money and maintaining the security of the cash drawer. This includes knowledge of policies and procedures related to security of money (e.g., where to keep bills during a transaction, knowledge of procedures to check counterfeit currencies, who has access to the cash drawer, and securing the drawer).
• Product Knowledge: Knowledge of and ability to speak about and promote products and/or services in the store and participate in vendor training on products and services where applicable.
• Property Features/Services: Knowledge of and ability to speak about and promote services, amenities, hours of operation, property layout, and activities offered by property.
• Integrity and Company Policies Knowledge: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and company policies, procedures, and regulations. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information and avoiding conflict of interest situations.
• Dependability: The ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner. This includes being conscientious, committed, reliable, trustworthy, and accountable for completing work activities.
Internal Number: 118322
About MGM National Harbor
The Theater at MGM National Harbor is the newest destination for premier entertainment in the region. With 3,000 seats, state of the art sound, video and lighting, you’ll experience your favorite artists in an intimate setting unlike any other.
BACK TO TOP
INTIX Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else INTIX Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at INTIX Career Center.