Posting Date Jan 28, 2019 Job Number 190009G9 Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment Location Gaylord Wildhorse Saloon, Nashville, Tennessee Brand Gaylord Hotels Schedule Full-time Relocation? No Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return, you’ll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
Manages the daily technical operations in the world-famous Wildhorse Saloon. Qualified individuals should have extensive knowledge managing a production team of audio engineers, lighting designers and video operators. Other duties include reviewing artist riders and advancing concerts while displaying an incredible personality and drive to create an unforgettable artist experience both on and off the stage.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the concert event, food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in the concert event, food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Coordinates technical rider requirements for all entertainment talent. • Maintains departmental budgets and project cost recaps. • Assists Sales and Conventions departments with sales efforts. • Prepares event schedules and supervise events for all production technicians as well as verifying that all revenues and expenses are recorded properly. • Supervises employees and address issues with including but not limited to annual reviews and disciplinary documentation as occurrences arise. • Prepares and presents specific weekly production plans, which include equipment and personnel needs as well as performance schedules. • Manages all aspects of show production. • Provides back up support to stage manager, lighting designer and audio engineer. • Maintains and develops good working relationships with vendors.
Promoting Exceptional Customer Service
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met. • Sets a positive example for guest relations. • Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. • Observes service behaviors of employees. • Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees. • Appraises employee's productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status. • Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property • Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness. • Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Internal Number: 190009G9
About Wildhorse Saloon
The World-Famous Wildhorse Saloon is a 66,000 square foot live music and dance destination offering event space for parties, corporate outings and special events. If you can't do it here - it can't be done in Nashville, where we have three floors of action-packed fun, internal capacities reaching over 2,400 and the capability to extend out to Riverfront Park right in our own backyard. We are a restaurant, catering, bar, concert site, dance venue and TV studio—all under one roof.
More than 1.5 million music lovers and catering groups stampede through our doors annually to catch the hottest in live entertainment, learn the newest dance steps and dine on our award-winning Southern smokehouse cuisine and fan favorites like our signature fried pickles and hot chicken.
We are a family-friendly venue in the heart of Music City's downtown district with FREE line dance lessons on the largest dance floor in Tennessee.
The likes of Darius Rucker, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts, Etta James, Gladys Knight, Heart, Pat Benatar, Foreigner, 38 Special, Rick Springfield, Big & Rich, Ringo Starr and many more have graced our stage. Artists who have gotten their start on our... famous stage like: Ricochet, Lonestar, Lo Cash Cowboys and more currently, season 7 winner of The Voice Craig Wayne Boyd, season 8 The Voice runner-up Meghan Linsey and currently Benton Blunt - contestant on America's Got Talent, still perform with us from time to time.
Our doors opened on June 1, 1994, with a country superstar with a herd of live cattle stampeding through the streets of Nashville to our front doors.
Since then, we’ve become a “must do” experience for visitors worldwide as they visit Music City.
BACK TO TOP
INTIX Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else INTIX Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at INTIX Career Center.