The Director of Event Services/Event Excellence provides leadership and direction for the Event Services Team of College Park Center and Texas Hall. This role ensures the team operates with the highest level of professional standards and maximizes efficiencies of event operations to ensure the successful coordination of assigned events, including but not limited to, gathering event information from CPC/TXH clients and client contractors prior to, during and following an event. Directly supervises full time event managers and part time event staff. Provides leadership, direction and training for event staff and on-site follow up during events. Acts as the lead coordinator for major special events.
• Provides leadership, mentorship, inspiration and direction for the event services team.
• Acts as the key facility operational liaison for event/concert promoters, clients and tenants in regard to building setups, production needs and advancing technical and production riders.
• Reviews event floor plans, setups and crowd management plans to ensure compliance with life safety and fire code requirements for safety and risk management to reduce organizational exposure to liability.
• Delegate event coordination responsibilities and communicate event assignment information. Ensure the needs of client(s) are met directly and/or through supervision of the Event Managers and event staff.
• Organize and direct Pre-Convention/Per-Event meeting(s) with client’s representatives and SEF departmental representatives; and direct event activities before, during and following events to ensure proper set-up and execution of client requests.
• Monitor and evaluate the event operations on an event-by-event basis, develop systems to measure client satisfaction at the close of each event, adjust services accordingly, and when appropriate, consult with the Executive Director to implement or improve procedures to enhance the overall quality, create efficiencies in event coordination operations. Develop guest experience initiatives and measures focused on existing organizational values and industry best practices; evaluate program goals for success; and provide necessary reporting.
• Oversees updates to the venue Operational Guidelines issued to clients.
• Prepare event budgets for facility users. Forecast event-related revenues, and analyze and control expenditures of the department to confirm to budgetary requirements.
• Develop and implement the hiring and training process for part time event staff team members. Create and present guest relations and safety training programs for event and contracted staff.
• Investigate and resolve customer complaints in person, on the phone and via email.
• Serves as Manager on Duty on an event rotational basis; performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of experience within the hospitality/public assembly venue industry, coordinating events and/or meetings. Strong understanding and experience applying local and national fire codes, life safety guidelines and ADA regulations, as they relate to events and crowd management. Possess knowledge and understanding of contractual language, as it pertains to events. Effective management skills in a customer-focused environment, and ability to make sound decisions in high-pressure situations. Experience forecasting event expenses and revenues.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree and ten (10) or more years of progressive experience within the hospitality/public assembly venue industry, with five (5) years in a supervisory capacity coordinating major, complex events and meetings. Experience with NCAA Division I Athletics events; IAVM Venue Management School graduate; and industry related certification, such as Certified Meeting Professional, Certified Meeting Manager, or Certified Venue Professional.
To apply: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/9225
Internal Number: S01578P
About COLLEGE PARK CENTER
The University of Texas at Arlington is a growing Carnegie Research-1 powerhouse committed to life-enhancing discovery, innovative instruction, and caring community engagement. An educational leader in the heart of the thriving North Texas region, UT Arlington nurtures minds within an environment that values excellence, ingenuity, and diversity.
Guided by world-class faculty members, the University’s more than 58,000 students in campus-based and online degree programs represent about 100 countries and pursue more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in a broad range of disciplines. UT Arlington is dedicated to producing the lifelong learners and critical thinkers our region and nation demand. More than 60 percent of the University’s 190,000 alumni live in North Texas and contribute to our annual economic impact of $12.8 billion in the region.
With a growing number of campus residents, UT Arlington has become a first-choice university for students seeking a vibrant college experience. In addition to receiving a first-rate education, our students participate in a robust slate of co-curricular activities that prepare them to become the next generation of leaders.
The UTA Department of Special Event Facilities operates the major public assembly venues on campus. These include College Park Center, a 7,000-seat multi-purpose arena that opened in 2012, and Texas Hall, a 2,600-seat performing arts center. In addition, the department operates UTATickets.com, the campus-wide box office for events throughout campus.