Under the direction of the Director of Event Services, the Assistant Director/Senior Event Manager serves as a lead for event planning and coordination for the Event Excellence Team of College Park Center and Texas Hall. This position acts as the main liaison with the event promoter/venue user to coordinate and oversee all phases of the event process, including meeting with clients regarding the event and all event details, reviewing space setups and technical needs, disseminating event information throughout the department and with contracted vendors, managing onsite event staff and closing out events. Serves as the onsite MOD during assigned events and provides leadership to event staff.
• Serves as the key facility liaison to event/concert promoters, clients and tenants in regard to all facets of event planning and advancement. Reviews event rental agreement language to determine how to proceed with coordination efforts for assigned events. Ensures facility use agreements are signed and insurance and payments are received prior to event load in.
• Responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships and communications with venue users.
• Organize and direct Pre-Convention/Per-Event meeting(s) with client’s representatives and SEF departmental representatives. Communicates all necessary venue information, procedures and policies to event promoters/facility users for advancement purposes.
• Prepares and disseminates event information to all internal departments, outside partners/contractors and key stakeholders. Ensures event setups meet client needs and adhere to life safety protocols prior to event.
• Serves as the Event Manager on Duty for assigned events.
• Demonstrates understanding of and implements building emergency procedures. Monitors and evaluates the event operations on an event-by-event basis; when appropriate, consult with the Director or Executive Director to implement or improve procedures to enhance the overall quality and efficiency of event operations.
• Investigate and resolve customer complaints in person, on the phone and via email.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of experience within the hospitality/public assembly venue industry, coordinating events and/or meetings. Strong understanding and experience applying local and national fire codes, life safety guidelines and ADA regulations, as they relate to events and crowd management. Effective management skills in a customer-focused environment, and ability to make sound decisions in high-pressure situations.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree and five (5) or more years of progressive experience within the hospitality/public assembly venue industry, with three years in a supervisory capacity coordinating major, complex events and meetings. Experience with NCAA Division I Athletics events; IAVM Venue Management School graduate; and industry related certification, such as Certified Meeting Professional, Certified Meeting Manager, or Certified Venue Professional.
To apply: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/9228
Internal Number: S01579P
About COLLEGE PARK CENTER
The University of Texas at Arlington is a growing Carnegie Research-1 powerhouse committed to life-enhancing discovery, innovative instruction, and caring community engagement. An educational leader in the heart of the thriving North Texas region, UT Arlington nurtures minds within an environment that values excellence, ingenuity, and diversity.
Guided by world-class faculty members, the University’s more than 58,000 students in campus-based and online degree programs represent about 100 countries and pursue more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in a broad range of disciplines. UT Arlington is dedicated to producing the lifelong learners and critical thinkers our region and nation demand. More than 60 percent of the University’s 190,000 alumni live in North Texas and contribute to our annual economic impact of $12.8 billion in the region.
With a growing number of campus residents, UT Arlington has become a first-choice university for students seeking a vibrant college experience. In addition to receiving a first-rate education, our students participate in a robust slate of co-curricular activities that prepare them to become the next generation of leaders.
The UTA Department of Special Event Facilities operates the major public assembly venues on campus. These include College Park Center, a 7,000-seat multi-purpose arena that opened in 2012, and Texas Hall, a 2,600-seat performing arts center. In addition, the department operates UTATickets.com, the campus-wide box office for events throughout campus.