Under the direction of the Head Basketball Coach, the Director of Women’s Basketball Operations is responsible for handling all office administrative functions for the Women's Basketball program. Assures the smooth and efficient operations of daily office and game day activities, providing direction and supervision to staff as necessary. Specific duties include: oversight of annual Women's Basketball budget; coordination of all aspects of team and recruiting travel; coordination of annual student-athlete recruitment program including management of recruit information, campus visits and admission activities for home games; oversight of student-athlete and staff complimentary tickets; oversight of procurement of equipment; liaison with athletic administrative offices; oversight of student managers and volunteers. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree; three or more year’s related experience. Direct experience and success with the management of an intercollegiate sports program. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
*Demonstrated competence with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign and Microsoft Office Suite.
* Knowledge of NCAA and Conference Regulations.
* Ability to manage several tasks and/or projects simultaneously.
* Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service.
* Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Word and Excel.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to relate well with a diverse group of individuals including students, coaches, staff and managers.
* Must have a valid driver’s license.
* Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
* Strong integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference and University rules.
Preferred Education & Experience:
* Previous experience with a Division 1 Women's Basketball program.
* Demonstrated experience in the management of the day to day operation of a Women's Basketball program.
* Prior experience with budget and/or fiscal management.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.