It is the Arena Ops Supervisor’s responsibility to facilitate the day-to-day conversion operations for MassMutual Center to ensure accurate, timely, and demanding completion of conversions between events, including but not limited to concerts, basketball games, ice events, mixed martial arts, boxing and family shows. All duties are to be performed in accordance with the departmental and MassMutual Center policies, practices, and procedures, as well as within the framework and intent of the MassMutual Center’s Core Service Standards.
- Supervises the overall maintenance and repair of all equipment pertaining to the Arena, Prioritizes, schedules, and assigns work assignments as necessary to maintain arena operations.
- Supervise conversion operations.
- Supervise the conversion staff and temporary on call labor.
- Work closely with arena management staff and department supervisors during event planning stages.
- Maintain all staging, seating and bleacher components, the basketball court, hockey dasher systems and installation equipment, as well as backstage equipment and spaces (i.e. dressing room furniture, coolers, etc.).
- Assists with event equipment requirements, including sub rentals, quality control, delivery, pick-up, inventory control, repairs, and maintenance.
- Supervises daily set-up, Labor, Event Timeline sheets accurately and in a timely manner for assigned functions, to reflect all production needs throughout the Arena.
- Verify policies including safety, productivity, and reliability are enforced. Support and follow procedures and requirements set by MassMutual Center with regard to managing equipment and stock.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Organizes and supervises the logistics of all parties involved with the productions of events.
- Completes daily inspection cards on all equipment and vehicles used that shift.
- Assists in scheduling, staffing, ordering of equipment and gear for all Arena events, sports games, family shows, concerts, sporting events, graduations, and corporate events throughout the Arena and Plaza.
- Maintain a high level of communication between retail clients, all necessary departments, and vendors to ensure a smooth flow from initial production meeting to final load out for all clients.
- Works with staff to maintain inventory control on all equipment and maintenance.
- Performs liaison duties between facility and production crews.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Changeover Techs
- Facility/Arena Porters
- Utility Porters
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum six (6) years of conversion/stage production experience or public venue/event related building including two (2) years supervisory experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Effectively communicate in English, both oral and written forms
- Ice maintenance experience
- Previous experience working in a similar environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license
- Forklift certification
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Must have the ability to pay attention to detail and have strong interpersonal skills to handle clients, employees, and interdepartmental relationships.
- Must be literate in Windows 95 and above, Excel, Word, Outlook, Autocad, and possess the ability to learn new software quickly. Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time, have the ability to bend from the waist, reach over head, twist, kneel, stoop, and lift up to 50 lbs. without restriction.
- Must have the ability to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while working under pressure.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be exposed to environmental factors such as frequent hot and cold temperatures, smoke, dust, and other potentially harmful materials.
- Experience working successfully with diverse staff.
- Basic Computer knowledge required (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in computerized/automated time clock software is a plus.
- Knowledge of staging and production equipment.
- Varied shifts to include weekends and holidays.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
About MassMutual Center - MGM Springfield
Featuring 100,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, plus an 8,000 seat arena, MassMutual Center is owned by the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority and managed by MGM Springfield.
The Mission of MassMutual Center is to generate significant economic impact for the residents of Western Massachusetts by providing high-quality facilities and services, recruiting and retaining the best staff, and creating a mix of entertainment and tourism activity that inspires residents and visitors to experience and enjoy downtown Springfield and Western Massachusetts. MassMutual Center team recognizes the best way to fulfill our mission is by providing exceptional service to our clients and guests. Everyone from our sales and event managers to our service personnel and operations staff is committed to making every event a memorable and successful one. Our team is dedicated to making MassMutual Center the venue of choice in the New England area.
BACK TO TOP
INTIX Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else INTIX has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at INTIX Career Center.