Broadway Across America is seeking a motivated, ambitious, outgoing, and dedicated performing arts professional to join the team at the Hippodrome Theatre as the Booking and Engagement Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Booking and Engagement Manager will work in conjunction with the Vice President to ensure that all day-to-day operations at the Hippodrome are functioning smoothly, efficiently, and on-time. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Oversee the engagement management of all Broadway, concert, and comedy bookings, as well as private event bookings;
• Assist in the oversight, direction, and scheduling of the Facilities & Maintenance Team and all FOH Departments;
• Develop, evaluate, and adjust budgets for all event bookings;
• Coordinate the booking calendar and clearly communicate all booking, changes, cancellations, etc with Hippodrome staff;
• Distribute booking advisories and coordinate on-sale dates for non-Broadway bookings with promoter and box office;
• Be present for night/weekend events and shows as needed;
• Perform financial settlements for Broadway engagements as well as one-night events;
• Prepare and assemble all show settlement binders;
• Manage all informational and operational issues for upcoming shows, including contact terms, technical rider requirements, expense estimates, and insurance certificates;
• Liaise with company managers and stage managers to ensure there is an open flow of information between all departments in advancing the shows;
• Liaise with the local musician contractor to ensure local musicians are hired for shows, when applicable;
• Review and approve show-related and G&A invoices;
• Assist in the entry of monthly financials;
• Provide general operational support to marketing and sponsorship departments;
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
o Establishes and maintains effective relations
o Exhibits tact and consideration
o Offers assistance and support to co-workers
o Works cooperatively in group situations
o Works actively to resolve conflicts
• Team Leadership
o Fosters team cooperation
o Supports group problem solving
o Ensures progress towards goals
• Quality Management
o Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
o Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• A 4-year undergraduate degree in arts or business
• This position requires a great deal of budgeting and critical thinking regarding ticket prices and financial settlements. A solid understanding of basic accounting and spreadsheets is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is preferred.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
We offer competitive compensation including Vacation and Holiday Pay, health & welfare benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Salary requirements must be included for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Broadway Across America is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected classification under local, state or federal laws.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
About Broadway Across America
THE JOHN GORE ORGANIZATION is the leading developer, producer, distributor and marketer of Broadway theatre worldwide. Under the leadership of theater producer and owner John Gore, its family of companies includes Broadway Across America, Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Its productions span Broadway, Off Broadway, London’s West End, Japan, Canada and 44 domestic markets. It has won Tonys in every producing category as well as numerous other Drama League, Drama Desk and Olivier awards.