The iconic Wildhorse Saloon is seeking a motivated and experienced Director of Operations. Celebrating 25 years in 2019, the 66,000 sq ft Wildhorse is one of Nashville's premiere entertainment venues, hosting over 1,400 small and large private club events, concerts and a dynamic restaurant and bar scene.
The Director of Operations is a member of the Wildhorse senior leadership team, responsible for oversight of restaurant, banquet, security and engineering teams. Must be a dynamic leader able to effectively communicate, drive for results while building strong report with other department leaders.
Supervises all operational aspects of the Wildhorse including, but not limited to, business administration, human resources, training, product planning, food and beverage, cleaning and sanitation, catering operations, production, executing marketing events, retail, and maintenance and engineering. Supports the General Manager on creation and execution of entertainment events, strategic planning and long range capital investment and renovation projects.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years' experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Supervises all operational aspects of the Wildhorse Saloon.
• Enforces compliance by operations personnel of administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations.
• Estimates food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
• Orders and purchases equipment and supplies.
Developing and Maintaining Operations Goals
• Maintains standards of food and beverage and catering operations.
• Assists in the development and delivery of capital and business plans.
• Creates challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
• Integrates objectives, opportunities and resources to achieve business goals.
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Actively participates in securing buy outs and assists with the entertainment schedule and managing all Wildhorse events to ensure a profitable operation.
• Drives the annual budgeting process and takes appropriate action(s) to ensure that financial goals are achieved.
• Controls product, labor, and purchasing for all departments.
• Identifies and addresses financial opportunities as needed.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Maximizes revenue opportunities through competitive pricing of food and beverage products and services.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
Leading Operations Team
• Acts as key liaison for staff for daily operation of the Wildhorse Saloon.
• Creates synergies within the organization by developing relationships with other entities
• Verifies that requisite policies and procedures are in place and that areas of potential risk including financial theft and workplace safety are mitigated.
• Participates in employee moral, motivation, and discipline consistent with entire management team.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Creates and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and verifies that associates do the same within the team.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Supervises all expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
• Informs and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Internal Number: 19082677
About Wildhorse / Marriott International
The World-Famous Wildhorse Saloon is a 66,000 square foot live music and dance destination offering event space for parties, corporate outings and special events. If you can't do it here - it can't be done in Nashville, where we have three floors of action-packed fun, internal capacities reaching over 2,400 and the capability to extend out to Riverfront Park right in our own backyard. We are a restaurant, catering, bar, concert site, dance venue and TV studio—all under one roof.
More than 1.5 million music lovers and catering groups stampede through our doors annually to catch the hottest in live entertainment, learn the newest dance steps and dine on our award-winning Southern smokehouse cuisine and fan favorites like our signature fried pickles and hot chicken.
We are a family-friendly venue in the heart of Music City's downtown district with FREE line dance lessons on the largest dance floor in Tennessee.
The likes of Darius Rucker, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts, Etta James, Gladys Knight, Heart, Pat Benatar, Foreigner, 38 Special, Rick Springfield, Big & Rich, Ringo Starr and many more have graced our stage. Artists who have gotten their start on our... famous stage like: Ricochet, Lonestar, Lo Cash Cowboys and more currently, season 7 winner of The Voice Craig Wayne Boyd, season 8 The Voice runner-up Meghan Linsey and currently Benton Blunt - contestant on America's Got Talent, still perform with us from time to time.
Our doors opened on June 1, 1994, with a country superstar with a herd of live cattle stampeding through the streets of Nashville to our front doors.
Since then, we’ve become a “must do” experience for visitors worldwide as they visit Music City.
BACK TO TOP
INTIX Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else INTIX has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at INTIX Career Center.