The City of Chandler Cultural Development Department is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the full-time position of PATRON SERVICES COORDINATOR. This is a full-time position assigned to the Chandler Center for the Arts. The ideal applicant will be well versed in standard theatre operating procedures, including house management, volunteer supervision, patron safety and customer service. The City of Chandler offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
Classification Summary: The primary function of an employee in this class is to oversee, coordinate and ensure the smooth operation of the Front of House which includes food and beverage, contract parking, security services, gift shop, and merchandise sales of the Chandler Center for the Arts. This class is responsible for serving as a liaison between clients and the public prior to and during events to ensure that the Arts Center facility, equipment, physical setup, and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event. This position manages all aspects of a volunteer program by recruiting, training and directly and indirectly supervising a large number of volunteers. An employee in this class may be assigned to other duties in the Arts Center Division. The Patron Services Coordinator will be required to work evenings and weekends as assigned.
Essential Functions (non-exhaustive): • Coordinates and supervises front-of-house staff and activities, including patron services, food and beverage operations, security, parking services, merchandise sales, and gift shop;
• Explains policies and procedures for the use of the Chandler Center for the Arts facility to clients and the public;
• Serves as the first point of contact with the public during events which includes handling complaints and related problems with the public and promoters involving tickets, seating, food and beverage, and related issues; • Supervises and evaluates assigned staff, addresses employee concerns and problems, counsels, disciplines and completes performance appraisals; conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions;
• Coordinates, recruits, trains, schedules and supervises staff, contract employees and volunteers for the running of events to ensure proper coverage, safety, and excellent customer service. This includes event staff, security, ushers, custodial staff and others;
• Advises clients, stakeholders, and the public on setup options and types of materials needed to achieve desired results; serves as the first point of contact with foyer user groups and coordinates the use of the foyer area for receptions, including set-up, decoration, food preparation and clean-up;
• Works with staff and event producers to make sure that the contract terms and billable functions are covered and accounted for;
• Serves as facility representative for events; including communicating events needs to staff and overseeing patron safety and access points; • Develops the volunteer program through on-going development of brochures, job descriptions and policies and procedures;
• Oversees contract staff activities including scheduling and prioritizing work, inspecting and reviewing completed work; • Prepares and maintains statistical records including attendance and volunteer information;
• Assesses the needs and desires of the community as they relate to the programs, services and facilities of the Arts Center;
• Communicates with other community organizations, non-profits and corporate contacts to discuss facility services, policies and information;
• Conducts facility tours as assigned;
• Assists with coordinating and scheduling programs, activities, and special events related to Chandler Center for the Arts;
• Ensures the safety of patrons, volunteers, students, school administrators and staff through the proper coordination of crowd dynamics, and implementation and enforcement of emergency procedures;
• Effectively communicates event set up needs for activities at the Arts Center including performances, meetings, rallies, receptions and special events; • Ensures accessibility of the Arts Center by implementation and enforcement of ADA policies and procedures; • Supervises use of facilities, equipment and supplies;
• Makes periodic written and oral reports to the volunteers and other groups;
• Assists in preparing materials, rules and regulations, announcements, bulletins and promotional materials;
• Participates in the budget process and monitors expenses related to the front of house operations and patron/client services at the Arts Center;
• Facilitates trainings for Manager on Duty coverage, emergency evacuations, CPR and AED training, and trained crowd manager certification;
• Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies and procedures;
• Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows City-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the City's Safety Handbook. The position available is a regular full-time position and is subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees. The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
Minimum Qualifications: • Associate's Degree in Theatre Arts or related field; • Two (2) years' experience in house management in a large public assembly facility, event coordination, and/or volunteer coordination including previous supervisory experience; or • Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Desirable Qualifications: • First Aid and CPR/AED Certifications; • Trained Crowd Manager Certification; • Experience with Volgistics or other volunteer management system; • Experience with Ungerboeck event management software or other facility scheduling software.
Located in the vibrant center of Downtown Chandler and at the core of the entertainment district, Chandler Center for the Arts is an engaging, welcoming, innovative space serving our diverse community.
With three dynamic performance spaces - the 1500-seat Main Stage, the 350-seat Hal Bogle Theatre, and the 250-seat Recital Hall, as well as two extensive art galleries - The Gallery at CCA and Vision Gallery - Chandler Center for the Arts presents the work of today’s most engaging, enlightening and relevant artists.
The Chandler Center for the Arts is a truly collaborative leader. Through its partnership with Chandler Unified School District, the students of the community share the same stage as today’s top artists in a relationship that fosters the performers of tomorrow.