The Director of Ticket Sales will report to the Sr. Associate Athletics Director for Marketing and Ticket Services and will be responsible for leading outbound sales and service efforts for NC State Athletics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: •Recruit, hire, train, and retain sales team members. •Develop new business for NC State Athletics through prospecting new fans, generating referrals and leads, cold calling, and face to face appointments. •Lead by example and conduct daily sales calls to grow fan base for 10 ticketed sports. •Monitor volume of outbound phone calls and appointments to ensure results are achieved. •Collaborate with Sr. Associate AD and work in conjunction other units of the department (Marketing, Ticket Operations, Wolfpack Club, etc.) to create, develop, and implement renewal and sales campaigns for season tickets, mini-packs, and group tickets. •Maintain accurate database records through the use of Paciolan and Salesforce CRM. •Responsible for on-going sales training and daily oversight of strategies and techniques. •Meet and exceed sales and retention goals. •Manage game day service and sales initiatives at home athletics events. •Deliver first-class customer service to all fans, donors, and constituents of NC State. •Work hand in hand with Marketing, Ticket Operations, and the Wolfpack Club to ensure all ticketing initiatives are properly executed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of ticket sales experience.
- Ability to effectively develop, implement and execute sales plans.
- Experience utilizing ticketing systems and CRM platforms.
- Strong leadership skills, including motivating and inspiring team members.
- High level of professionalism and the ability to relate to all levels of staff members and fans.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new ideas and initiatives presented by others.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional work hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- At least 2 years of experience in sales management and staff training preferred.
- Strong understanding of college athletics and local market preferred.
Internal Number: 00106175
About North Carolina State University
With more than 35,000 students, North Carolina State University is one of the leading land-grant institutions in the nation, committed to playing an active and vital role in improving the quality of life for the citizens of North Carolina, the nation and the world.NC State is consistently ranked among the nation's top 50 public universities and ranked by Princeton Review as a best value for students. Recently, NC State was recognized as one of the Wall Street Journal’s Top 20 “Best colleges and universities,” as ranked by Fortune 500 company job recruiters.In terms of quality of life, Cary, is a suburb to Raleigh in the heart of North Carolina’s Research Triangle and boasts one of the lowest crime rates in the nation. Due to the low crime rate, for the eleventh straight year, Cary is ranked as the safest city in North Carolina and the entire Southeastern United States.